Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mistake Turned Great - new recipe

Sometimes mistakes are just that, mistakes, like when earlier this week I accidentally spilled all my graham cracker crust into my pumpkin pudding. I thought, "hey, that might taste good", so I mixed it together, underestimating how much it looked and felt like cat vomit.

But Saturday, my mistake turned into something I will use in the future. I was making my "Easy Cinnamon Rolls" (see November 2008 for the recipe), and I thought to myself that the cinnamon I was sprinkling looked strange - maybe it had sugar already in it - I kept sprinkling. I finally looked at the "cinnamon" container and realized it was chicken seasoning! I thought about throwing all my buttered and chickened crescents away, but it seemed like such a waist. Here's what I came up with:

Easy Chicken/Bacon Rolls
~ Butter crescents

~ Lightly sprinkle chicken seasoning, garlic powder, parsley (fresh chopped is best or dried), grated Parmesan cheese

~ Wrap pre-cooked bacon around rolled up crescent

~ Cook according to crescent package instructions but watch closely so don't burn

*You could substitute spinach for the parsley and maybe even scramble some eggs and put a spoonful in the crescent

My kids liked them and Katie, who is 6, told me she likes them better than cinnamon rolls!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, chicken seasoning! That must've been a shock. But what a great save. They sound great!

Sue said...

Chicken seasoning when you were going for cinnamon must've been a shock! But what a great save. They sound fabulous!