Thursday, February 26, 2009

How to Cook a Great Piece of Meat Without any Butter or Soy

I like to cook large pieces of meat and stretch it out for 2 or 3 meals. This is a great way to save money, especially with a large family. I have found a basic method that works with all large meats. I usually have a couple extra flavors I use for each one, but here are the basics.
(This can apply to Roast Beef - of course you want to sear this one first, Whole Chicken, Turkey)

1 - The Oil and Salt
~ With Roast Beef sear it in Olive Oil or Corn Oil with losts of salt
~ With Chickens and Turkeys salt them real good on the skin and pour corn oil on the bottom of a roasting bag, then sprinkle a little on top of the bird

2 - The Garlic
~ Cut criss-cross holes in the meat evenly around (4-6) depending on how large
~ place garlic cloves in each hole

3 - The Onions
~ Throw and onion in there! Whether it be your crock pot or your roasting bag

4 - Let it cook
~ For a Roast Beef just leave it in the crock pot on low all day, I usually get mine in around 9 and it's ready around 6, you do want to let it sit in the crock pot turned off for about a half hour.
~ For Chickens and Turkeys I just follow the roasting bag instructions, but they generally cook for about 2-3 hours.

I'll share later my extra ingredients for each meat.
I already have an article on how to slow raost a turkey in November.

No comments: