Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Kale - My New Best Friend

I have been racking my brain as to how to get more vegetables into my son who has multiple severe food allergies. He now at 16 months has begun to be a picky eater with the foods he can have. He hates vegetables with the exception of carrots. I happened to watch "Rachael Ray" a couple weeks ago and Rocco Disperto was talking about Kale and how it was the third highest in nutrients of all the vegetables. I looked into it and boy was he right! Follow this link to find out about all the benefits of Kale - boiled even!!

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=38

I have been begun putting Kale into anything I can get away with. The key is to chop it up real small as it is a hearty leaf and does not shrivel easily. I have put it in fried rice, casseroles, homemade Marina Meat & Veggie sauce, and soups. You could even just use it for your salad greens.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip! I bought some just yesterday, and my Colesy was eating it on the way home. She loves it! i'm excited to have learned about kale! ~Krissy