Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My plan to survive the summer

This summer I am taking the bull by the horns and being proactive with the "We have nothing to do" problem all mothers have while their children are home from school. We have 2 "guaranteed lock" fun days (which can be un-locked with bad behavior). For us it is one pool day at grandma's and one day at a park, zoo, museum, etc. My plan further extends to the days we don't have anything planned and they say there is nothing to do. I pull out large pieces of paper and tell them to make a map of where we have been or draw their favorite part of the last fun day.

I have found that a membership to our local museum is a great deal and there are lots of coupons out there too with everyone vying for business right now.

So far it's working! Ask me in August:)

No comments: