Monday, March 30, 2009

Great Butter Flavored Popcorn without Dairy

I thought I would give bland popcorn a try with just salt one night, as my husband and I were going to be out that night and I didn't want to worry about my son getting into his sister's movie snack and having a reaction. I used white corn kernals and popped them on the stove old-fashioned style with corn oil. As I was adding the salt I recalled how I have added corn oil to other things like mashed potatoes to mimic the butter taste. I drizzled the corn oil on the hot popcorn and mixed it in like a tossed salad. The popcorn tasted great! My mother, who loves real butter, raved about the popcorn and now we have it all the time and my family seems to like it better than the old microwave movie-theatre butter stand-by.

No comments: